Terms and conditions
PAINTING IN EUROPE
(a subsidiary of ARTE UMBRIA CIRCOLO RICREATIVO Painting Holidays)
Terms and Conditions
1. Painting in Europe (hereinafter PIE) to (the Lead Client (hereinafter the Client)).
2. To reserve your holiday, the Client should complete and sign the booking form and return it with the 25% non-refundable deposit to PIE. Following receipt of the booking form and deposit, PIE will send a confirmation email. This is formal acceptance of the booking and agreement by both parties to be bound by these terms and conditions.
3. The balance of the holiday is payable not less than 10 weeks before the start of the holiday. If payment is not received by that date, PIE reserves the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. The Client will remain liable to pay the balance of the holiday unless PIE is able to rebook the holiday. Once the balance has been paid, it is non-refundable, unless the course is cancelled by PIE, where the full payment, including deposit, will be reimbursed.
4. In the event of a cancellation, the Client will remain liable to pay the balance of the course fee unless PIE is able to rebook the holiday. If PIE is able to rebook, payment will be refunded but any expenses or losses incurred will be deducted from the refundable amount.
5. The Client is strongly advised to arrange fully comprehensive travel insurance (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party’s personal belongings, public liability etc., these are not covered by PIE’s insurance.
6. Any chargeable expenses arising during the holiday period (eg telephone calls, shopping, extra trips requested, medical or hospital appointments, prescriptions and medications etc) shall be settled locally with PIE before departure etc.).
7. The Client shall take all reasonable and proper care of the hotel property and its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects in or on the property and leave them in the same state of repair and in the same clean and tidy condition as they were found at the start of the holiday. Any damage to the property resulting from the Client’s negligence will be charged for by PIE.
8. PIE shall not be liable to the Client for:
Any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the property, nor in the respect of any equipment, machinery or appliance in the property, garden or swimming pool. Any loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond PIE’s control. Any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to, or suffered by, the Client if the property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event PIE shall, within seven days of notification to the Client, refund to the Client all sums previously paid in respect of the holiday period. Any accident, damage, loss or inconvenience, the Client or any member of the Client’s party may suffer arising out of, or in connection with, the holiday or resulting from any cause whatsoever. If a tutor has to withdraw at the last minute due to illness, incapacity, or circumstances beyond our control - we will aim to replace them with a tutor of equal standing and qualifications. The use of amenities and equipment, where offered, such as barbeques, swimming pool, etc. is entirely at the user’s risk and no responsibility can be accepted for injury, loss or damage to persons or property. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or damage to any motor vehicle or trailer or its contents. Personal belongings are at the Client’s risk at all times.
9.The Client shall accept responsibility for the safety of all members of their party at all times and at the start of the holiday period. PIE takes no responsibility for the safety of guests.
10.Under no circumstances shall PIE’s liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to PIE for the holiday period.
11. We reserve the right to cancel any course at any time for any reason. In such cases, a refund of payments received by us shall constitute full and final settlement. We are not responsible for any loss incurred on account of non-refundable or non-transferable travel tickets.
Credit card payments are accepted in Euros via our Paypal account. There is an additional 2% administration fee for UK and European cards and 3% for all other cards for each transaction.
Payments can be made using your Paypal account via the website.
Payments can also be made by direct transfer in Sterling to:
Name of Account: Mr D Moody & Dr S Moody
Account No: 02200099
Sort Code: 30-94-41
BIC CODE : LOYDGB21084
IBAN NO : GB65 LOYD 309441 022000 99
Cheques are not accepted.
13. The prices of the holidays and travel are based on an economic minimum number of clients. Should the economic number not be reached, PIE reserve the right to cancel the holiday up to 8 weeks prior to departure, but PIE has no other legal liability to you, in particular no liability to compensate you for the loss of opportunity to travel. In these circumstances a full refund will be paid to the Client within 14 days of the written notice of cancellation.
14. Prices and Surcharges
The price of the holiday services are subject to surcharges on the following items:
Governmental action resulting in increases in local taxes on ground arrangements, food and accommodation, currency exchange rate fluctuations affecting ground arrangements, food and accommodation, increase in air fuel, overflying charges, airport taxes and scheduled airfares. Any increase in costs shall be borne by the Client, who shall be notified in writing not less than 30 days prior to departure.
Bookings made within 10 weeks prior to departure may be subject to an increase in the original price. In circumstances where a surcharge is levied by suppliers when re-allocating airline seats or hotel rooms the increase will be passed on to the Client.
15. PIE accepts no liability in the event that a particular host/tutor is unable to participate in the holiday programme due to unforeseen or personal circumstances. PIE will, in such instances provide an alternative host.
16. It is the responsibility of the Client to ensure that they have adequate travel, medical and cancellation insurance at the time of making the booking to cover their holiday and travel.
It is the responsibility of the Client to take medical advice from their own medical practitioner regarding all vaccinations or medical needs pertinent to the holiday destination.
Complaints must be made, in writing, not more than 30 days after returning from the holiday.
Tenuta di Poggiolame SRL
Vocabolo Poggiolame, 16
This contract shall be governed by English and Italian law in every particular including information and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in England and Italy.
Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in England and Italy.
This contract and all Terms and Conditions apply to Arte Umbria and Painting in Europe.
Painting in Europe
Tenuta di Poggiolame P.IVA No 00630900520
Arte Umbria PIE Ricreativo (C. Fiscale 90017030553)
If you have any questions about our courses or would like to make a booking please contact us and we will be happy to help and advise you.
Tenuta di Poggiolame
16 05010 Montegabbione (TR ) Italia,
France: +0033 643 436 721Italy: +39 340 371 6510